Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fun Fish Finger Wrap

I'm making this for my daughter tonight as a thank you for testing my cooking so patiently.  I hope she doesn't smother it with ketchup, but she probably will.  I might substitute the gherkin with cucumber sticks to make it more child friendly.


Ingredients
4 fish fingers, the best you can get
2 flatbreads or wraps
2 tbsp tartare sauce, or ketchup
4-6 gherkins, sliced or cucumber sticks
Shredded lettuce leaves, I'll use either cos or iceberg
A pinch of dill, optional
A squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method
Grill the fish fingers as directed on the pack and warm up the wraps following the packet instructions.
Spread the tartare sauce or ketchup onto the warmed flatbreads and add the slices of gherkin or cucumber.  Sprinkle on the shredded lettuce and place the cooked fish fingers on top.  Add the dill at this point if you are using it, season and finally squeeze over the lemon juice.  Fold up the wrap and filling and tuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment