Friday 13 June 2014

Baked Camembert


Beautiful blue skies in Bewdley today and I'm feeling in the mood for a picnic style supper in the garden this evening.  I popped into Hopley's Farm Shop after the school run and grabbed the last Camembert in the fridge.  So the only cooking I will do after work today is to pop the Camembert into the oven for 20 minutes.  Just ideal on a Friday evening.  This will be the centre piece for a family sharing platter of utter foodie loveliness.  I'll post the sharing platter ideas next. 




Ingredients
250g Camembert
2 roughly chopped sun dried tomatoes
2 thyme or rosemary sprigs
Thick slices of crusty toasted bread, to serve.

Method
Heat your oven to 200C. Unwrap the cheese from its packaging, then place back into its box. Tie string around the box to secure. Slash the cheese a few times and pop in the pieces of tomatoes, thyme or rosemary sprigs. Bake on a baking tray for 20 mins until gooey and unctuous. Serve with chunks of bread and some chutney.  I'll be using last year's beetroot chutney made by my lovely Hubby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment