Sunday 15 June 2014

Stir Fried Korean Beef

Blimey, my blog stats have plummeted.  It may be because I've been to a local festival this weekend and have sadly neglected Sonia's Simple Suppers.  Here's hoping this gets me back in the good books as I think it is a great pick me up after a fun packed weekend at Hopfest and a lovely Father's Day meal at the Hop Pole Inn.  I only found this recipe recently so have only cooked it once before but I think it ticks all the boxes for Monday's supper ..... simple and full of flavour.



Ingredients
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin or clear honey
2 tsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
300g beef frying steak, thinly sliced.  If you use rump it's more expensive but I flatten it out so it goes further and has more flavour
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
3 spring onions, sliced into small pieces
300g beansprouts
100g baby spinach
handful sesame seeds, toasted, or try some pumpkin seeds
cooked rice or egg noodles to serve.

Method
In a small bowl, mix together the soy, mirin or honey, and cornflour paste. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Season the beef and sear in batches, then remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Fry the garlic and chilli, then add the spring onions and beansprouts, and stir-fry for 2 mins.
Return the beef to the wok and add the spinach along with the sauce. Keep stir-frying for another 2-3 mins until the spinach has wilted. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and some rice or noodles, if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment