Tuesday 17 June 2014

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Chorizo, Tomatoes and Chilli

I had to change last night's meal choice as I just had to have chicken for some reason.  So here's what I cobbled together.  Roasted chicken thighs with chorizo, tomatoes and chilli served with a pasta bake.  I used a homemade pasta sauce as I try to keep a supply in the freezer.  As a failsafe I keep a jar of "Seasons of Change, Tomato and Basil" sauce in the cupboard.


Ready for the oven

Ingredients for the Chicken dish - serves 4
8 plump chicken thighs
1 pack of baby chorizo
3 whole red chillies, optional
3 whole garlic cloves
4 - 6 ripped sun dried tomatoes 
Fresh basil, oregano, rosemary and parsley.  Or use a teasp of dried italian herbs
Olive oil to coat the meat
Salt and pepper.

Method
Into a sturdy roasting tray I placed 8 chicken thighs and added a pack of baby chorizo sausages, some sun dried tomatoes, whole garlic cloves, whole red chillies, the herbs, chillies and a generous glug of olive oil to coat the chicken.  I baked it at 180C for 50 minutes as the thighs were quite large, until cooked through. 

Pasta bake
3/4 of a 500g bag of fresh penne
Pasta sauce, I used homemade or try 'Seeds of Change, Tomato and Basil Sauce'.
Basics, mini mozzarella balls
A cup of frozen peas
Chopped asparagus or small florets of broccoli.

Method
Whilst the chicken was cooking I part cooked some penne pasta, drained the pasta, and poured home made tomato sauce over it.  This was then tipped into a tray and I added baby mozzarella balls, peas, and chopped asparagus.  Lastly I tasted the sauce and added a twist of black pepper.  It was baked at 180C for 20 minutes until the cheese had melted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment