Sunday 27 April 2014

Must try harder

As predicted it was a bit of a car crash.  Firstly, I couldn't get any smoked haddock and I wasn't going to use that fluorescent yellow imitation of a fish so I plumped for a splendid loin of haddock. Secondly, the idea of poaching eggs in cling film made sense in theory. In practice I struggled as it was fiddly and they took longer than the recipe stated.  Perhaps the water wasn't quite hot enough.  Anyway, I am going back to the traditional method from now on.  It tasted lovely, especially the champ.


Today my kitchen is closed as we're having a late Sunday lunch at The Hop Pole Inn, Bewdley. The food is always delicious and the staff are lovely.  Tomorrow, I think I will play very safe and cook roasted chicken thighs and Mediterranean vegetables.  



No comments:

Post a Comment