Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spicy Chicken Wings with Crispy Potato Wedges

This is a family favourite, cheap and very cheerful.  The sauce varies each time I make it as I don't normally write down what I do and sometimes hubby adds extra chilli powder!  Great for BBQs and sleep overs too.  I prefer to use Maris Piper potatoes as these crisp up beautifully.  A dollop of mayo, a salad and a wedge of lemon on the side and its done!

They should look something like this..........


The Wings - as many as you fancy
Maris Piper potatoes

To make the sauce I mix together the following ingredients

Tomato ketchup - 2 good squirts from the squeezy bottle
HP sauce - 1 good squirt
Honey - 2 good squirts
Orange juice - 200 ml
Worcestershire Sauce or Henderson's Relish - a dash
English mustard powder - one tsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - as much as you dare but at least 1/2 a tsp

Next
I use a fan oven and heat up to 180
Cover the Chicken wings with the sauce and leave to marinade for 10- 15 minutes or so whilst you or your kitchen slave peel the potatoes.
Boil a kettle of water and add the boiling water to a large saucepan.
Cut the potatoes into chunky wedges and add to the boiling water and par boil for 5 minutes.
Drain and give a good shake to fluff them up.
Add a little sunflower oil to a roasting pan and when it is piping hot add the potatoes wedges and give a good shake.
Roast until crisp and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
Once the potatoes are in the oven place the chicken wings in too.
I find it better if I only turn the potatoes and the wings once.

I will serve this tonight with wedges of lemon, mayonnaise and a salad and my take on Chinese BBQ sauce will follow.
Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment