Saturday 10 May 2014

The Best Cheat's Red Thai Curry - Ever

I blogged my tried and tested red thai curry recipe last month but this new find has blown me away.  It's absolutely delicious and even quicker than my usual recipe.  I will definitely be trying the other  sauces from the Honey Garden Sauces Company.  I'm not sure about stockists but I bought mine from the fridge cabinet in +Hopley's Farm Shop.  The shelf life is good too.




Ingredients
1 pot of Madhuban Thai Red Curry Sauce.  It's amazing!
Chicken, prawns or vegetables cut into bite size chunks
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tin of coconut milk (skinny or full fat versions)
1 tin of pineapple chunks, drained or even fresh pineapple
The best medium sized tomatoes you can find, quartered
A sprinkle of fresh coriander or basil leaves if you have some left over and a tad of finely sliced red chilli for an extra kick if you fancy it.

The best bit
Quickly sear your chicken, prawns or veg in a couple of tbsp of sunflower oil
Add the sauce and as much of the coconut milk as you want and simmer for 15 -20 minutes but there are instructions on the lid
For the last 5 minutes of cooking add the tomatoes and pineapple.
Garnish and serve.  I think plain boiled rice is best but the choice is yours.

Happy Eurovision!


No comments:

Post a Comment